SWEET POTATO BROWNIE WITH GINGER
The ideal way to offer your guests a guilt-free treat with their tea. Each bite of deep cacao flavours and earthy sweetness pairs perfectly with our camomile’s relaxing floral notes.
- 1000g sweet potatoes
- 325g pitted Medjool dates
- 125g hazelnut flour
- 80g dark cocoa powder
- 80g buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100g milk chocolate
- 30g maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 75g milk
- 80g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- With the skin still on them, cut the sweet potatoes into large pieces. Pre-heat the oven to 175°C and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until soft. Then cool down before using.
- Mix together the hazelnut flour, buckwheat flour, cocoa, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- Put the dates and vanilla into a stand mixer and mix until smooth.
- Take the skin off the sweet potatoes and put them in the stand mixer to make the mixture smooth.
- Mix with the flour mixture into a smooth dough.
- Put the dough into a lined baking tin. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175°C for 25-30 minutes. You can check with a skewer. If it comes out clean then it is ready.
- Cool down.
- For the topping, melt the chocolates. Add maple syrup and cocoa powder. Mix in the milk, stir with a whisk and slowly heat until the topping is smooth.
- Put the topping on top of the brownie.
- Sprinkle the pecan nuts on top and chill the brownie.
Allergens: Nuts, Milk
Other Pure Leaf Tea pairings
Discover More Flavours