QUINCE AND LABNEH BOWL
This invigorating combination of sharp quince and sour labneh is balanced by a delicate caramel drizzle. It’s smooth, creamy texture is met with a pleasing medley of crunchy grains. Each ingredient comes together in a light Middle-Eastern inspired sweet dish complemented by the peppermint’s freshness.
- 1 L whole fat yogurt
- 2 pcs quince
- 250 ml apple juice
- 100 g sugar
- 500 g mixed crispy grains (buckwheat, kamut, spelt)
- 200 g salted caramel sauce
- 10 pcs almond cookie for decoration
- Take a line strainer over a large measuring cup and a cheese cloth, add the yogurt into the cloth and cover with the edges of the cheese cloth.
- Refrigerate for at least 12 hours or overnight.
- Remove the labneh from the cheese cloth and set aside until usage.
- Clean the quinces and cut them into large pieces.
- Cook the pieces in apple juice, sugar and some saffron until cooked but still with a bite. Cool down before serving.
- Add a big scoop of labneh in a bowl.
- Place some of the grains and cooked quince around it drizzle some salted caramel sauce over the labneh decorate with almond cookie.