JAPANESE PANCAKES (OKONOMIYAKI)
Galvanise your palette with this light yet ample shrimp pancake, topped with tonkatsu sauce and bonito flakes.
This wholesome dish brings together sweet and umami flavours and ends with a hearty crunch. Gunpowder Tea pairs delightfully with the smokiness of the bonito.
- 500 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 500 ml dashi, cold
- 2 eggs
- 80 g tenkasu, fried
- Tempura scraps
- 200 g Chinese cabbage, finely cut
- 70 g bean sprouts
- 70 g spring onion, cut in rings
- 300 g black tiger shrimps cleaned and cut into pieces
- Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- Tonkatsu sauce
- Mix together dashi and eggs.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder in a bowl and slowly add the dashi and mix until smooth.
- Add the tenkasu, cabbage, bean sprouts and shrimps.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and add some of the batter into the pan.
- Panfry the pancake 3-5 minutes on both sides, until nice and crispy.
- Drizzle some tonkatsu sauce and mayonnaise on the pancake.
- Sprinkle with katsuobushi and spring onion.
GREEN TEA GUNPOWDER