Black tea pecan financiers
This simple yet elegant dessert combines the nutty sweetness of pecans with the smoothness of the English Breakfast.
- 220 g butter
- 200 g pecan flour
- 300 g sugar
- 100 g flour
- Pinch of salt
- 8 egg whites
- 2 bags Pure Leaf English Breakfast tea
- Make a beurre noisette with the butter, cool down to room temperature.
- Mix together the dry ingredients, open the tea bags and add the tea to the dry ingredients.
- Add the egg whites to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Finely add the beurre noisette and mix.
- Place the batter in the fridge for a couple of hours. Scoop the batter into a piping bag and pipe into desired molds before baking.
- In a pre-heated oven at 175°C. bake the financiers until golden brown for 12-15 minutes, baking time depends on the size of the mold.
- Cool down before serving.
- Decorate with almond cookie.
Other Pure Leaf Tea pairings
Discover More Flavours